Ha'penny Bridge

The Ha'penny Bridge spans the River Liffey in Dublin. Built in 1816, the bridge is made of case-iron. Originally named Wellington Bridge, it was later renamed Liffey Bridge which remains it's official name. However, the bridge is commonly called Ha'penny bridge after the half penny toll pedestrians were charged to cross it.

Bridge Type: 
Bridge Use: 
Country: 
Ireland